the muller family (later Miller)
St. John's Catholic Cemetery lies north of town. A map in about 1872 indicates a church there, but no other records have (yet) been found. (St. John's Catholic Church in town was built in 1877.) The oldest stone in St. John's Cemetery is that of little Teresa Muller, a 3-year-old child who died in 1867; her mother Anna died in 1877, the year the church in town was built.
Teresa's epitaph is "Earth has one angel less, Heaven one angel more."
Muller family history
Facebook group page member Sandi Knippelmeyer provided this terse document, which she got from the Nebraska State Historical Society:
MARRIAGE LICENSE OF PETEr muller & mary mcbride
Peter & Mary's son john marries zilah hays in 1910
Their marriage license:
marriage license of WILLIAM MILLER & dELPHINE GOODENKAUF
William F. Miller was the son of Peter Muller & Mary McBride -- he had anglicized his name by the time of his 1915 marriage to Delphine Goodenkauf.
And here are the happy couple, in a picture labeled as Delphine and Frank Miller. Felicia and George Muller are standing behind them. Thanks to Sandi Knippelmeyer for this picture!