1933, "the original table rock"
A 1933 record of oral history by Elsie Pepoon Sutton, then a former resident of the Bunker Hill neighborhood. She talked to the nine people (not all in Table Rock by then) who had lived in Table Rock when "the" Table Rock was still there. She gathered recollections to determine what it looked like (including the petroglyphs) and what had happened to it. In the course of that, she also picked up many tidbits of local history -- Indians camping out by the Table, the location of Indian trails, the mill on the Nemaha by the Table (variously Clayton's Mill, Cummings Mill, and Blacklaw Mill, appearing to be successive owners of the mill. She also picked up tidbits about how people lived and worked in those early days.
In summary, the names mentioned in this history: The names mentioned: Ruth Lekert Nickelson, Mary Haywood Wood, Nancy McNeil Morton, G. J. Morton, Fannie Giddings Norris, Percy Pepoon, J.D. Harrison, E.D. Howe, Lydia Giddings Holmes, John R. Allen, Oscar Foale, Gabe Morton, Nancy Morton, Mary Haywood Wood, Ann Dobson Wert, Joseph Pepoon, Bessie Shaw Pepoon, John Wesley Shaw, Maria Eckert Shaw, Eunice Pepoon Boone, Eli T. Boone, William G. Lyman, Dr. Thomas D. Howe, Eddie Howe, George MacMahan, Dick Barrett, Bill McClure, Dan McClure, Old Man McClure, Mrs. Bob Morris, Albert Kovanda, Charlie Libby, Peter Foale, Sophy Allen Lyman, Will Lyman, Ozman Griffing, Ruby Allen Fellers, John Fellers, Gertie Boone Beverett, Miss Logson (Morris), Miss Skillet, John (Jack) Wilson, Haywoods, Sampsons, Diamonds (Dimons), Allie Wood, Oscar Foale, Mrs. Clayton, John Clayton, Mrs. J. W. Shaw, J.B. Pepoon, E.T. Boon, W.G. Lyman, and Dr. Gandy.